Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Automatic folder open

• I thought this would be handy…that when I extract a large archive to a given folder, that that folder opens automatically in explorer or file manager of my choice (which is Q-Dir ATM).

Cheers

DrT

• The “Shell Extensions” configuration panel has a “Open folder after extracting” option, though there’s no obvious (to me) way to specify a file manager other than Explorer.

• @mwb1100:

The “Shell Extensions” configuration panel has a “Open folder after extracting” option, though there’s no obvious (to me) way to specify a file manager other than Explorer.

Thanks for that. It would be handy if it were available from within PA, say a check box on the toolbar, so it could be used as a one-off. I tend to open PA (rather than use the shell extensions) for extracting large archives as I like to see what is in them first, like README files and manuals etc.

DrT

• conexware

@drteeth:

Thanks for that. It would be handy if it were available from within PA, say a check box on the toolbar, so it could be used as a one-off. I tend to open PA (rather than use the shell extensions) for extracting large archives as I like to see what is in them first, like README files and manuals etc.

DrT

in PA, it is in extract window (option there, hard to miss) :-).

• @spwolf:

in PA, it is in extract window (option there, hard to miss) :-).

<hangs head="" in="" shame="">I did :eek:</hangs>

Sigh

DrT

• conexware

@drteeth:

<hangs head="" in="" shame="">I did :eek:</hangs>

Sigh

DrT

its easy to get confused, 4 options are there!

🙂

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.