Confirm start of scheduled backup

• When I double-click a PBS file, the backup script launches automatically and starts the backup (even when the PBS is configured to “Run Normal when started from Windows”). Is there a way to get it to pause and make me confirm that I want to do the backup right now?

Jeff Jansen

• Alpha Testers

I’d just assume that double clicking the script is because you wanted to run it anyway…?
    why would a pause option then be beneficial ?

wouldn’t work in my favour…in fact I’d find it frustrating if it then offered me a pause option but that’s just my worthless opinion…:)

• I want to schedule this backup script to run at the end of the workday. But before it actually runs, I want to make sure all my files are closed down properly and ready to be backed up.

FWIW, I did figure out that one way to do this is to make “Edit” (instead of “Open”) the default action for PBS files in Explorer (Tools > Folder Options > File Types). But it would be very handy to be able to configure individual PBSs to do either.

Jeff Jansen

Jeff Jansen

• Alpha Testers

I suppose there’s countless options that we would find useful for our preferences in a backup situation…I’m sure the team will give it some thought as they always seem to do when a request surfaces…:)

Users

Topics