I noticed that the option to add the optimize archive function to the context menu is missing on Windows 10.
Opening each archive with the interface in order to click it becomes tedious with many files.
Same for others functions like Remove Archive Encryption
Too many for the thread title, so here they go:
1. possibility to unmask the passwort when extracting something
2. extracting files, introduce a new button in the overwrite confirm dialog: “overwrite NONE but not cancel”
3. custom icon for SFX-modules
4. possibility to hide the path in SFX-modules (creating a self-installer, I don’t want to show the user the path. The thing has to go in the temporary folder but if the user sees a path, he’s often seduced to enter the path the program should finally go to, instead, PA puts the setup files there)
5. possibility to enter some self-defined text in the SFX-program
6. bugfix: when adding a folter to an archive via the context menu, not the folder itself is added, but it’s contets, which is annoying
Besides these things, I love PA!
6. enable “use normal paths” in config>misc
“Use normal paths” doesn’t help anything.
I must admit the idea to have a custom icon for SFX Modules is a good one!!
And as for the idea of unmasking the password this was already raised previosly but again I agree that it would be a good idea to have.
no.1 password unmasked. I’d like to see that not only in the SFX, but in the password window itself, when extracting with PA, nothing worse than thinking did i type that in correctly, is that why its saying password error, or is it infact the password itself is incorrect, but you cant tell because all you see is *********, would be nice to actually see the password. A simple switch in the options, show password tick / no tick you see the asterix.
The changing of the sfx icon, erm, rather have a smaller SFX module.