QIC file support?

• Whilst trying to restore some old backups made in the late 90’s with MS Backup I thought, “wouldn’t it be cool if PowerArchiver could read this files?”

M$ in their ultimate wisdom changed the compatibility between the old QIC backup files and the new backup files so finding a program that restores these is somewhat of problem.

So, the question is, will PA support QIC files in a future version?

🙂

• why support a backwwod not common used format that most people would not have ?

• If that attitude was adopted throughout the software development community we would have a real problem on our hands! Because a format is not used today doesn’t mean that todays programs should not read that format.

Point taken though, it is a really outdated and unused format, but as a program surely if PA can support it then it is surely a good thing. I’m sure there are plenty of people who would be quite pleased if one program could handle almost all compressed file types.

• this as i said before could be done as a plugin so users can decide what formats they need and this would mean pa would not become bloated as some people say it would.

Users

Topics