Pause.

• Just registered after being a long time WinRAR user.
    I have tried PA a while and like it, but … the pause! I need the pause while extracting! Haven’t been added the past months so I thought I’d buy it and THEN ask for it. 🙂

Saw that some have actually wished for this earlier, but it was a long time ago.
    The minimize button is a bit redundant. It should be a standardized dialog box with the minimize, maximize (disabled of course) and close buttons. So why not add a pause function instead of the minimize button? 🙂
    I’d really like a pause button or a switch between Minimize and Pause.

• @Ninjeratu:

… the pause! I need the pause while extracting! … Saw that some have actually wished for this earlier, but it was a long time ago.

I’ve seen requests for Pause whilst compressing, but not whilst extracting. I’m not sure why you would need this?

Note: If you compress or extract from within PA (not via shell) then the Cancel button can be used as a pause - because you get the “Are you sure” dialogue. Unfortunately, via shell the Cancel just immediately exits. Wonder if this difference is a “bug” :rolleyes:

• @TBGBe:

I’ve seen requests for Pause whilst compressing, but not whilst extracting. I’m not sure why you would need this?

Because extracting very large images/files (4GiB+) will take a while, 8-15 minutes is not unusual even to other disks, and both CPU and disk usage is high while it is extracting.
    If something else is happening, like if I need to open a new program, or the system tries to do some disk access while extracting … it will turn my computer into a 286 and everything will take much longer. If I can pause the extraction for a while I can safely resume again when all system resources are available.
    Not that strange, really. This has been a feature in the WinRAR package for years.

• @Ninjeratu:

Because extracting very large images/files (4GiB+) will take a while, 8-15 minutes is not unusual even to other disks, and both CPU and disk usage is high while it is extracting. …

OK. I see now.
    Luckily (?) I don’t use archives of that size.

Users

Topics